Privacy & General Data Protection Regulations
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
We are committed to keeping your personal details safe. This policy explains how and why we use your personal data, to ensure that you remain informed and in control of your information.
When we work with other organisations or individuals, we always set up a written contract with them to protect your data. The third parties we work with at no point 'own' your data, so you will never hear from them independently and they will always delete your data from their systems when they have completed the task in hand.
We will never sell your personal data.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
We collect and store the following types of personal data:
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and FROM YOU TO ME in relation to the purchase of products – this information includes, but is not limited to: name, postal address, email address and a telephone contact number.
- Information relating to the details you provide us with when registering for our newsletters or to access trade/wholesale information - this information includes, but is not limited to: name, email address, company name, company address and company telephone number.
- Information relating to your company if you become a trade/wholesale customer or supplier - this information includes, but is not limited to: company name, contact name/s, company address, company telephone number, company email address, VAT number, banking details for suppliers where we pay you by electronic payment and other contact details you choose to send us.
- Personal information that you submit to us in relation to customer feedback and our competitions on our website.
Website financial transactions are handled through PayPal or Braintree. You should only provide your personal information to payment services after reviewing their privacy policies and ensuring they are acceptable.
- PayPal https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Braintree https://www.braintreepayments.com/gb/legal/braintree-privacy-policy
We only share information that is necessary for the purposes of processing the payments you make either via our website or over the phone.
We never store payment card information.
Cookies help us to: make the website work as you would expect; remember your settings during and between visits; improve the speed and security of the site; and allow you to share pages with social networks.
We currently have 21 cookies in use.
- 12 are necessary
- 1 is for advertisements
- 1 is for analytics
- 6 are functional
- 1 is for performance
USING THIS INFORMATION
The information we collect is used for the following purposes:
- To send you products that have been purchased from us.
- To process Made To Order products.
- To send statements, invoices and to collect your payments.
- To send you relevant newsletters and commercial communications relating to our business.
- To enable you to use some of the services on the websites.
- To deal with enquiries.
With the personal information that you submit in relation to customer feedback and our competitions, we may publish this information on our website and in other relevant materials.
SHARING & DISCLOSURE
We may disclose some information about you to:
- Our employees in order to manage the business and process your orders.
- Our sales agents and associates in relation to any trade/wholesale relationship.
- Other suppliers if agreed with yourself in relation to supporting your business.
- Trusted third parties who print, pack, or deliver products to you.
- Debt recovery agents if invoices remain unpaid within reasonable timescales.
- We may disclose information to the extent that we are required to do so by law or to establish or defend our legal rights or for fraud prevention.
We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
We use security measures and controls to protect against the loss, misuse and alterations of data. We store the information on secure computer systems. However, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
All 3rd party suppliers who require your data as part of our transactions with you are asked to sign our Data Processing Agreement.
IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM US
You may have received an email from us for several reasons:
- You have placed and order with us, and we are confirming receipt of the order, shipping of the order or something else that relates to that order.
- Your email address is either listed with us as someone who has expressly shared this address for the purpose of receiving information in the future (“opt-in”), or
- You are a trade/wholesale customer who we have a legitimate interest in contacting or have a professional and commercial relationship with, or
- You are a professional who we have a genuine reason for contacting as we think either you will benefit from the content, or we have a requirement to get information from you.
We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings.
If you wish to stop receiving emails from us, you can change your expressed interests via a link on the email. Alternatively, you can email us at [email protected] On your request, we will stop contacting you and suppress your contact details.
LEAVING OR LINKING TO ANOTHER (non FROM YOU TO ME) WEBSITE
We are not responsible for the privacy practices, or the content of any other website linked to our websites. If you have followed a link to or from another website, you may be supplying information to a third party, and you should check policy information on those sites.
We will only store information for as long as it is required for the purposes it was collected for. We continually review what information we hold and delete what is no longer required.
CHANGING THE INFORMATION WE HOLD
We respect your right to control your data. If your personal details change and you want us to amend them, please let us know by contacting us at [email protected]
REMOVING INFORMATION WE HOLD
You can ask us to remove your records by contacting us. We will be happy to remove any non-legislative information. Please email [email protected]
We take complaints very seriously and we treat them as an opportunity to develop our approach.
At FROM YOU TO ME we aim to exceed your expectations in everything we do, however in the unlikely event that we do not meet our own high standards we want to hear about it. Please let us know so that we can deal with the situation as quickly as possible and put measures in place to prevent it happening again.
We will make sure the relevant people in our company are made aware of complaints and we will investigate them in a fair and timely way. Our aim is that all complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired and that we learn from them to improve what we do.
We want to:
- Provide a fair complaints procedure that is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint.
- Publicise the existence of our complaints procedure so that people know how to contact us to make a complaint.
- Make sure everyone in our organisation knows what to do if a complaint is received.
- Make sure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely way.
- Make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired.
- Ensure that complaint information is handled sensitively, in line with relevant data protection requirements.
Email: [email protected]
Call: +44 (0) 1225 866225
The Putting It Right Team
FROM YOU TO ME
Studio 100, The Old Leather Factory
Glove Factory Studios
Holt, Wiltshire, BA14 6RJ
Our office hours are Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, UK time.
The full policy can be downloaded here.